Sinister: oh deary me

jake kenny at xxx.uk
Thu Dec 17 17:05:44 GMT 1998

STOMP STOMP STOMP,

Oh dear Mark, picking on Jeepster is not very nice is it?
Especially seeing as neither David or Katrina are here to defend themselves
and the label.

So in their absence I challenge you to a playground fight, I know that the
might of Big Dave Kitchen would have been more frightening, and that
Katrina would be on the side cheering him on, but i'll do my
best..................

But before the fight starts, I'd just like to say may last words, with
around 800 people listening. I'm not even going to put on the Katrina wig
for this bit, this is me speaking, no jeepster connections, nowt, just a
fan.......

Do you not think that if Belle and Sebastian were on a label they might
have turned out a little different? There would have been 3 singles of
sinister, the 3rd would have made the charts, and then would come the 2nd
album (to a major) and it wouldn't be a arab strap at all, think la pastie,
and again, and again, and again. A major wouldn't care about the music,
they'ld care about hits and money and thats it. They would have either
ended up like gorkys (ie dumped by the label) or just a pop/indie band ,
and I'm happy with what I've got now, thanks very much.

The Band didn't want that either, they signed to jeepster because of the
freedom they were offered and got, they could, undoubtably, have signed for
more money elsewhere but they would have lost control of the music.

If you want a band that'll be on radio one all the time go and love
(or the divine comedy, Neil has just signed to parlophone for £1m, and just
watch him become pish)

Now back to that fight..
[rolling his sleeves up]

love to all