Sinister: peace on earth, and good will toward sinisterites!!

rebelstrange at xxx.Miller rebelstrange at xxx.Miller
Fri Dec 18 00:09:04 GMT 1998

MUST--RESIST--URGE TO---STRANGLE FELLOW--HUMANS---
ok that's my bit in.  i'm feeling better today. i chose not to post last
night because the frustration was still too fresh.  now then, what's al this
squabbling and insulting, it's childish you know!  art is by nature,
subjective.  we all have our diverse and lovely opinions about what makes us
each have gooshy feelings or makes us cry or laugh.  and music is the most
wonderful of Arts, being so complex and incorporating every other art into
the feelings it gives  us, i.e. dance, visual images, belle lettres (hehee).
I'm inspired to each of these simpley by listening to a song.  Music is so
wonderfully disparate in its inspiration and creation and form, i dno't see
how it could possibly be concrete. it may likely be the most subjective of
all the arts, in my opinion, but i dont' care to think how cos intellectual
analyses bore me.  i just wanna hear the pretty songs.

cheers to reid's thoughtful post on how to appreciate the red headed step
children of b&s songs.  I personally LOVE rollercoaster ride. it's one of
those that i didnt' care for at first, but now i find myself waking up with
it in my head.  i dont' know why, but i like it.  Chickfactor, i think the
music is really nice, especially the beautiful string part in it, that's
just sublime, if i ever find myslef thinking i should fast forward through
the song, i decide to listen to it so i can hear that gorgeous cello line.
CF reminds me  very much of the Kinks song about Oklahoma Usa.   i like
stevie's voice in seymour stein better, and the lyrics in CF are kind of
well, crap, but i think the music is lovely.  Century of Elvis is ok in
itself, but   in principle, it's a ripoff.  no way should it rate AVOVE
century of fakers, with its heartbreaking final verse and delighfully
perfect isobel harmonies at the end.    it's ok, but i would just rather
hear singing than talking.  the words for spaceboy dream are better, but the
end part sounds like a stone roses jam.  its still nice though.

 a lot of listees have said really good things about this fighting but i
can't go back and list them all, so you know who you are, you saints on
earth, i love all of you, and rest assured that Isobel is smiling down on
you.
(and if you dont'  play nice and stop tattling on each other, i have a
special Friend of Izzy i'd like you to meet)

a Modest proposal: the B&S  edition of Monopoly. the street names will all
be from Glasgow, and instead of money they can pay with bus tokens. or they
can play with both. and you have to ride the scheduled bus around the board,
at particular times.  playing pieces will be of course dog on wheels, the
shiny apple, buses, a fox, yeah!  you will receive cards such as these from
"community trust" and "cosmopolitan diaries":

Chris's flares have caused a gory boating disaster.  shell out 20 quid for
flowers and a hospital visit.
Isobel gets stuck in French Popster mode.  lose one turn trying to smack her
upside the head with an arab strap.
You have just been called "twee".  go straight back to the schoolyard. do
not  pass Stow. do not collect 200 quid for a flight across the ocean.
Sebastian, you're in a mess. you had a dream they calle dyou king of all the
hipsters is it true or are you still the queen?  go back 2 spaces and wear a
dress for the next 3 turns.
Photo Jenny strikes a pose for you.  move up 3 spaces.
OOh, that church floor is all gunky from last night's Dirty Dream.  lose one
turn cleaning up the mess.
your new single, "Miss Elkins the Liberated Librarian" makes it to top of
the pops.  collect 100 pounds!
---of course the ultimate goal is to--uh--well ih avne't thought of that
yet, but i'm sure it will be really great. any one   smarter than me want to
figure out all the rules? i've lost my patience with board games.

oh and "you made me forget my Dreams" is God. remember that on judgment day.

Sarah, a woman of my own heart, bless you. the Slits do rock with ferocity.
and girls just rule, let's be honest here.  you boys, with your weird body
shapes, aren't men's legs just stupid looking? sometiems, in a blue moon, a
boy will display an attractive upper torso such as yes, mr murdoch, that
will make you think. but below the waist, there's not really much going on
is there.  i pity the fools.   oh anyway.   WANKERS!!!
that's why i love Stuart. he's a REAL man, who doesn't have to go round
singign about the size of his er, jolly roger, or how many chicks he banged
last night. he doesnt' have to compensate for his deeply latent terror of
being accused of enjoying buggery, which, let's be REALLLY honest, is what
al lyou guys are really worried about when you try to act 'macho' and i'm
not accusing particulars, just speaking in general (cos there are some
lovely true boys on the list ).   I love how he writes with such sensitivity
about his female characters, that's reason enough to love.  and besides,
he's just the sweetest and most soft spoken guy you could ever meet, what a
right gentleman.   Hooray!  for men like Stuart m.   he's at the top of my
"alternate sexuality" crush list.  um.....right now he's the oly one i can
think of but anyway.  Sarah, you rock.  that was a kickass post, dude!  or
whatever.......
BUT SOFT!  somewhere in the distance, a coyote pricks her ears. the silent
message travels over the globe, trips across the stormy seas, wafts through
balmy breezes and rustles the falling leaves, thousands of miles
away............"what's that, lassie? someone has insulted the Goddess of
Everything Marvelous, Polly Harvey?? who is it girl?  what's that?  find
them and cane their brains in and then drop them down a deep deep ravine??
Go get em, girl!!"     No really. you thought you were in trouble for
slagging Isobel, you aint' seen nothin yet.  polly jean is a woman of my own
heart and soul, my inspiration when times were tougher than tough, and she
holds a special place in my emotions.  Not to mention that she's a truly
divine creature of unsurpassed human beauty, and she has a Voice of Sex.
Oooh you!! you're in trouble now!!!  start running cos you're gonna need a
big head start!
hmm. i bought some nice flares yesterday, and i also bought a--uh mm---er a
kilt.  ooh me, i'll be sure to wear it with pride the day that i visit
scotland! and you all can come to wish me luck in the next life, and perhaps
soothe my devastating injuries before i go.  no i'm kidding. but it's a real
kilt, wooly and made in scotland and has leather little buckles on it and
stuff. unfortunately i dont' have any of tnose stockings with fringes on
them to go.  i think girls would look cute in kilts.   i'd like to see
isobel in a kilt, with nice off-black fitting sweater and a little tartan
cap with a feather in it.  mmm......Amish porno........

Can anyone explain why when i listen to either le Pastie, or now France
Gall's Poupee de cire, i have the deep urge to bob up and down and do that
dance where you pretend you're swimming??   aah.......thanks again Xavier.
anyone who has not heard the dulcet tones of Francoise and France should run
out today and seek and find them.    and let me say i was deeply scarred by
the shock of hearing Nick Drakes voice.  HORRORS!!!  I think he and Stuart
were reincarnated in each other.   mummy, i'm scared.

well i'm off to finish my poetry chapbook. it's due today and my cpu is
deciding to be possessed by the devil and i have had many sleepless nights
attempting to get the thing done.  it's partially dedicated tO Isobel, just
for a laugh.  and i wrote an edie poem last night.  i'm rather proud of that
one, so far.  unless today when i copy it down i notice that it's utter
crap, which sometimes happens when you write.

"Making teenagers depressed is like shooting fish in a barrel"
lesleyJo