Sinister: Ooh, i wish people didn't bring me down on my holidays ...

Katrina House a-and-r at xxx.uk
Fri Dec 18 08:08:47 GMT 1998

Dear List,

hello ... how are you all?  i'm having a lovely time in perth,
remembering the good and bad things about this place, but also meeting
my friends in the wa music industry again and rediscovering the passion
they have for music ...

... something i have lost by living in london, i've become a cynic.

anyhow, the main reason for this message was to say that i'm not going
to respond to any the mails pro/against indie/major labels and using
jeepster as an example.  i cannot be bothered attempting to defend the
company i work for, i've had enough of doing that in the past.  i must
also say that i don't one hundred percent agree with what david has just
posted, but that i have decided (as i mentioned a little while ago) that
i will only post to this list as me, katrina ann house, 23 year old,
half aussie/half pom who just happens to be working for the record label
of the band that she has fallen in love with.  anything "official" that
i need to say will be said on the jeepster news list and we are now
going to unsub the sinister list from the news list, so if you wish to
remain informed about jeepster and the bands on the label (including
belle & sebastian news) then you must visit the jeepster web-site and
subscribe yourself to the news list.  http://www.jeepster.co.uk  if you
have any questions, just mail david at mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

i hope this doesn't sound too bitchy or pissed off, i'm not trying to
have a go or make life difficult for anyone or sound "holier than
thou".  i just feel i bit deflated as i spose i kind have taken
personally some of the comments recently, i work (like most of you do i
would assume) as hard as i can, because i believe in what the company i
work for is doing and even though i know i should have a thick skin, it
is hard sometimes to not feel like i'm being taken advantage of.  so,
that is the reasoning for making two katrina's, the music-loving silly
little fan one of which you will read letters from (or not if i decide
to be a lurker) on this list.

did you know that if you have a swim in the moring you have to have an
afternoon nap?  or is that just 'cos i'm on holidays and i can? :)

my parents are ace.  and my brother, and my cat too.  boy, it's great to
be home.

love,
Katrina.