Sinister: happy fluffy bunnies scurrying in the field

**Megan Lehar** mkl206 at xxx.edu
Fri Dec 18 22:39:01 GMT 1998

today has been somewhat busy, as have the days before it.  tomorrow i get
on the plane for moscow, flying to visit my family something like santa
claus, as my relatives have laden me with gifts for others that displace my
clothing a bit.  but i'll get to see realminky tomorrow (please refer to
the mummy page, off the picture page) and sleep for long amounts of time
and read and be lazy and whatnot.  which i haven't really had a chance to
do properly in a little while.  i've been out all morning and afternoon,
shopping and looking at stores and picking up my visa and whatnot.  i went
to fao schwartz and saw the giant furby, rach and beth can both drool over
that one for a bit.  ;)  uptown it's nice, people seem nicer and busy and
bustling around and there are lovely decorations everywhere.  downtown,
we're too cool for that nonesense, or something liek that cause it's fairly
bare, except for those horrible santas that wiggle their little animatronic
butts.  they disturb me, what sort of message is taht supposed to give to
children?  a bad one i can only assume.  sigh.

anyway, there is no particular point.  this list is about discussing a band
we love.  everyone likes different songs best or whatnot, it's interesting
but doesn't really mark some sort of international conspiracy or anything.
it just means that the sort of person who uses the voting booth is more
likely to be the sort of person who likes whatever song is #1 right now
best.  and it's been one of many things, so i shouldn't worry about it too
much.  and for a newcomer, mr. phil "philly" is pretty much right on.  it's
for talking about the band, and our lives when the two intertwine in some
ways.  most people who write write with humor, sometimes with naivite,
sometimes with b.o. (though luckily we're unaware of those) and most often
with their heart held out to us in some way shape or form, basically asking
to be accepted.  we used to do that unconditionally, before fly-by-nights
began coming in and basically insulting the makeup of the list before
running back to wherever they came from.  so i guess what i'm saying is
that there are some new people who are sweet and docile and lovely, please
don't feel hurt if we don't adore you immediately, it takes time to fall in
love.  and older list people will begin to notice your wit and sweetness,
but remember that we've had some disappointments in the past.  and just
because a lot of us have met in real life doesn't mean that we're a clique,
or that we don't want to meet you.  i'm sorry if i'm speaking for too many
people, i should only be speaking for myself.  i just want happy bunnies to
hum happy bunny tunes.  in fact, doesn't all the dissent stem from the loss
of the beloved sig line?  paul, make it come back, make it come back!!!!

xoxoxoxoxo (shivery hugs and ice kisses)
megan

mkl206 at is8.nyu.edu

visit the magnetic fields web page at:
http://www.dissemination.com/megan/magneticfields/