Sinister: beware: depressing and may ruin your health:

Cynthia Someone csomeone at xxx.com
Sat Dec 19 07:16:25 GMT 1998

hello everyone

I haven't talked in a while but i'm still listening. Lately I've turned
on to France Gall and sprinkle my mix tapes with her songs ( and B&S
songs), and Ballet Shoes was one of my favorite books when I was a kid,
I'd read it in the bath tub; it got soaked once and I tried to dry the
pages ... now it's all taped up, beyond dogeared.

I really wanted to say, that this world is falling apart and I've
noticed that no one is talking about it.  With my friends I've talked,
but not on the list, not at work, why is that?

It's apocalyptic. I don't mean like just getting out of bed and somehow
not knowing where you are... I mean, Clinton, and the land mines of
Bosnia, and the bombings in iraq.  Why is it that America doesn't have a
day of reverence for those they've killed in other countries, why is it
that this whole impeachment thing just might not happen if we got over
this party system, this system there purely to funnel power to few, and
most importantly to make a lot of money...

I have a friend who wants to work on the 10,000 year clock that eno and
some others are putting together. A clock built to run for 10,000 years,
and then stop. anybody, from any culture which  may find it maybe 10,000
years after it stops, could start it again.  the technology, beyond
digital. The next great wonder of the world. With hope like that, to see
beyond the year  2000... what makes us think we've run out of future.

here's  a theory.  the reason why we haven't found life on other planets
is because the time life is capable on a planet is so brief, in
comparison with the length of time the universe has endured, it would be
uncommon to find life on another planet.

Cynthia