Sinister: immortal beloved

Archel rap101 at xxx.uk
Sat Dec 19 15:25:06 GMT 1998

peter wrote, endearingly:

******
Does anyone else fear that B & S is so good that something must be
wrong?
******

This is brilliant. Especially with all the narkiness on the list
lately, and then someone goes and reminds us all what we're here for.
Something IS wrong - B&S are clearly angels disguised as (admittedly
pretty angelic) humans. Their mission is to communicate the divine
music of the heavenly spheres to us mortals, though why we deserve it
I don't know. This would explain everything.

I listened to TBWTAS in bed last night (for the first time in a
while what with TEAJAMMERS) and it made me so happy that I could
hardly stop myself from getting up, throwing on some clothes and
running into the street (or at least my housemate's bedroom) to shout
'This band are so bloody wonderful that I can barely breathe when I
listen to them. Buy everything they've done NOW!'

And at the same time it was a kind of sad happiness, because there's
such beauty in the world at the same time as such horribleness. I
don't want to be at war, but no-one asked me.

I'm unsubbing for Christmas on Monday. I hope I'll be back. To steal
from the Duke: keep the faith.

Luv Archel

Rachel Playforth
rap101 at york.ac.uk