Sinister: "Friends applaud, the great comedy is over."

PSchieting at xxx.com PSchieting at xxx.com
Sun Dec 20 21:44:06 GMT 1998

Greetings to all,
There are some things I'd like to comment on just because I don't write to the
list much, and now seems like a good time (I'm excited..Igot accepted to the
University of Michigan in the great town of Ann Arbor, Michigan the other
day.)

I must agree with the guy that said something about the obsessiveness directed
towards Belle and Sebastian.  They are definitely "just" a great great band.
Two years ago, I was really into the Pixies.  I think that i am more into
Belle and Sebastian now than I was with the pixies in the peak of my interest
with them.  I love listening to their music and that is aobut as simple as I
can put it.  I also really enjoy bands like Olivia Tremor Control, Neutral
Milk Hotel, Apples in Stereo (all of Elephant 6), Yo la Tengo, Guided by
Voices, Palace, Stereolab, godspeed you blakc emperor!, tindersticks,
pavement, modest mosue, sonic youth, my bloody valentine, and others.  I have
a comment about Isobel  Campbell too.  She is absolutely amazing, you know.
And she plays her instruments well.

I'm going to Ohio next week for my break from high school to visit old friends
with very similar musical interests so it sohuld be a festive weekend.  A
celebration.
in closing, it's nice to have something to write about, and thank you for your
time.

Sincerely,
John M. Schietinger