No subject

Alexandra Duric ajduric at xxx.com
Sun Dec 20 21:50:26 GMT 1998

'lo listees,

I'm happy to see that everyone's in a better mood - I might be if I
wasn't nursing a red wine hangover from a tree trimming party we threw
last night for all of our friends.  Imagine passing out before midnight
at your own party!  uh, yea, a bit embarrassing, but I woke up to the
utterly lovely sounds of my friend Chris playing violin with a couple of
others on guitar in my living room.  Big SIGH!  Our tree topper is this
fantastic gift that two of my friends, who were the only other real
Belle & Sebastian fans there, besides my flatmate and myself, but they
put three coloured 7 inches together, sort of in a mickey mouse face
shape.  It's the topper of the century!  So please, feel free to borrow
the idea - I wish I'd thought of it.  Just don't use any 7 inches you
really like or can't find.  Maybe Screaming Trees would work.  But then,
I wouldn't want to know they had the place of honour on my tree.  Hmm,
now that's a dilemma...

We played the new ep on our show on Friday and the only songs which
strike me (i.e. i still remembered them after first listen :_>) were
This is Just a Modern Rock Song and Slow Graffitti.  I don't quite know
what to think about the other two.  Isobel is OK as a vocalist, really.
But to whomever keeps comparing her to Heavenly, I'm sorry, but I
DISAGREE!!  No one does Heavenly but Amelia!  And "Cool Guitar Boy" is
one of my favourites...  I don't hear it at all when I listen to Isobel,
whose singing ability reminds me more of Nico - sort of unsure, except,
um, Nico doesn't really sqeak.  Please, no don't slam me with claims of
B&S or Velvet Underground blasphemy!

And can I say that this shortening of EP titles and song titles is
driving me MAD!!  Who started it?!

merry, merry to everyone...
Alexandra