Sinister: taking it out on us

rebelstrange at xxx.Miller rebelstrange at xxx.Miller
Mon Dec 21 02:48:04 GMT 1998

SOMEMONE sez--
ave also been a bit disturbed with frighteningly obsessive love of Belle
and Sebastian on the list lately.  As much as the band mean to me
personally,
it is just a band at the end of the day.  Taking the music at face value
won't
lead to much; a little thinking and a critical eye are important.  I hate to
say it, but if the band were to go lardy or lame, I would have to drop them
(though I doubt I could do it straight away).  Let's not rest on our
laurels.
The band, including Isobel, are regular people, no better or worse than
anyone
else.
*************************
HMMMMMM now   who could THIS be referring to????????
come on  now, put your thinking caps on.
I hate to be pissy about it, but for bloody hell's sake, it's a joke.  can't
we have a bit of a laugh now and then?  no one  honestly believes any
members of the band are superhuman deities, part of the attraction i think
is that they are such normal people like you and me.     stop taking every
thing so blasted seriously. i thought that the irony in all the discussion
of Arms of sex etc, was pretty apparent.    i see nothing  disturbing in
making some humorous  remarks eh????????     besides that,  i'm  very lonely
right now, can i just have my stupid teenage pop obsession for once in my
life??   jiminy christmas.  i'm sorry, i dont' usually get angry, but this
bickering and criticism is just getting to me in general.   i think most of
us here have a good enough sense of humor to know a joke from reality.

the lovely(and saintly master  of mix tapes) Xavier asked about  pop
musicians in Philly.   Sorry i can't help you out right now, but maybe if i
get accepted to go to school there next year, i can take you up on the
offer.......may i have a rain check???     i know your  frustration in
finding  people into the same musicks, especially here in the cultural
armpit of america, the pickings are slim indeed.  it's especialy hard to
find any girls  who  play instruments, girls have to be so boring
sometimes!!  i'm the only girl i know  who plays guitar who lives anywhere
in this area.  maybe i just dont' know where to look for them.

welcome again to the illustrious genevieve.  your stuart david crush  is
approved of.  he does look pretty cute in the wicked video, he makes that
funny expression with his  eyebrows when he picks up the letter and reads
it..   too bad for you he's taken!     ha, your scenario gives me an idea.
twould be funny indeed to see a b&s manga, would it not?  reckon isobel
would be  pretty hot stuff in a vinyl bodysuit and spiked heels and a
sub-machine gun in hand.  hmmm>????   chris could be the wacky one, you know
there is always one wacky goofy charcter in almost every manga/anime.  oh
well.  blah blah. i better shut up before i scare any more individuals.
I'm sorry for yelling!!  i've had a sorry week adn i'm  taking it out on
you!! but for teh love of stu, it's all happy bunny games!!!  i'm not insane
i swear!!!!!

just to get our minds off boring crap, here's some different sort of  boring
crap, it's a poem, have fun y'all, and think happy b/s monopoly tho'ts/
EDIE  (hope this is  exact, i do not have my official copy  up here)

Something's breaking,
bleeding underneath my skin
the itch is shock-white, ice-hot
I  turn my head, bite my lip,
stalk shy
Toss my jaw like
some coyote  bitch.
my eyes are yellow-pointed
if you look at me
I will disappear.
So I duck dark
bite my lip through.

something cracked in me,
sparks melting  wires to a boil, running
from my eyes, in my sweat,
burning in my skin
I spit fire.
She's so
so hollowed out
and used up in the marrow,
Drunk on the moon,
on glitter in the vein
Hospital-white and shot with
black holes,
sorrow and mighty desperation
that  could  burn down cathedrals.

Black-on-white maddening pitch
stretches me
from silence
to catatonia, to passion
to utter flight.
Something in me
that's running
ain't blood.

Jaw  swings,
cold spittle and bile,
i'm waxing with the night,
bloating
waning
into somethgn silver I can't
feel until I have
torn off my own skin
like bandages, the unbearable
metallic itch
of life outgrown.
Digging
beyond the dust and blood
to cold bone that frames the black stars
to find her inside of me.
I find  I can't cry,
I just stare
Licking at the tongue of Decay,