Sinister: Call me crazy

Peter Greenspan pag213 at xxx.edu
Mon Dec 21 17:49:35 GMT 1998

Blake wrote:

   "I find today's music lacking, besides Radiohead, whom I find to be
amazing...So when I first picked up Sinister...it was a delightful
surprise"

--------------------------------------

I couldn't agree more!!! There's a line that can be drawn straight from
the Beatles through Radiohead and to B & S.  I don't mean to say that
there haven't been amazing groups in between (obviously there have been
incredible and creative music in between.)  But Radiohead and B & S
represent to me what the Beatles would have been today (in two different
incarnations obviously).  The music is profoundly "colorful" and "sweet"
and "courageous" in a way that music was afraid to be after the
Beatles.  Again, I'm not trying to sound like a nut (I LOVE a lot of
other groups)  But Radiohead and B & S have captured a simple, yet
brilliant, elegance that was betrayed when the Beatles left us.

Do I sound crazy or does this make sense?

P.S. Thanks Anthony!