Sinister: Blessed are the Peacemakers

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Mon Dec 21 22:55:29 GMT 1998

Hi All,

Middle-aged lurker stumbles briefly into the daylight again:

Gary Done wrote:

        I can't be the only one surely, Sister Disco you must have spotted
it, weren't you a               roadie for the Tip briefly ?.

Gary, I think the word you were groping for was groupie.

Wow, Digest V2 #571 was memorable. The only one in months that I've
finished reading with that old wistful smile on my face - usually they get
binned rather crossly as I think of all the better things I could be doing
with my time. Thanks to Genevieve and Oon for some nice vibes again.

TYJAMAS. I owe an apology to "Is that one Belle?" for earlier denigrating
remarks about the interminable five bar Gate. Familiarity breeds
contentment, and it does contain some rather jolly banjo plucking. Who
plays this, by the way?

Christmas fast approaching, a time for families to get together, in which
context I would like all 800+ of us to hold hands and think of our
Listmummy Honey, who has been very quiet of late, despite, or perhaps
because of, serial provocation. I guess this either means he's very poorly,
or in despair at the bickering of his offspring. I get really low &
depressed when my three children fight, so God knows what Paul must go
through when the hordes of us scream selfishly at each other.  Whatever,
Happy Christmas Honey, and I wish you a hale, hearty and healthy 1999.

Fellow Sinisterines, I don't wish to sound pompous, but please abide by the
list rules and have a happier '99. To anyone unfamiliar with British
culture who doesn't know who the Sir Cliff is that you have to think of
before hitting that send key, he's an amazingly witty and passionate bloke
who never opens his mouth unless he's got something to say of genuine
interest to numerous other people about how Belle and Sebastian affects his
life.  :)

Boring 80's music type fact: bought The Best of Jackson Browne today,
because I discovered it contained "Somebody's Baby", a song I heard on the
radio only once about 15 years ago, have been able to remember ever since,
and have never been able to find a copy of until today. That's memorable
for you. One of the things I love about Belle and Sebastian is that I know
that I'll be listening to certain songs like Modern Rock Song, String Bean
Jean, Century of Fakers and Sleep The Clock Around in 15 years time, and I
bet that idiotic grin will still spread slowly across my (by then even more
wrinkled) visage and that the hairs on the back of neck will still stand on
end, even if they are by then the only ones left.

Aplogies if my e-mail software makes the format of this really hard to
read,

Happy Christmas All

Regards,

David Moore