Sinister: cherished music

Margot Patrick mpatrick at xxx.com
Tue Dec 22 14:38:23 GMT 1998

> They also make me want to CREATE and be involved and add beauty to the
> world: beauty that is AFFIRMATIVE and glorious, and utterly in vain but
> so what? Radioheed just sound like they want you to sleep, or write
> tenth rate poetry or be 'worthy' or something. Fuck worthy. Radioheed
> ooze boredom and B&S ooze humanity. They are a lot sexier too.

of course it is all subjective but this is how radiohead make me feel as
well.  in fact, though i cherish b&s more, i find radiohead much more
inspirational and b&s have more of the cocooning effects described
above.  Radiohead makes me address my adult side that battles with
technology's effect on my career (i do web development and marketing)
and celebrates the utter importance of art as an expression of
humanity.  thom yorke is the singer of our times, in my opinion: his
voice captures the essence of our longing to realize the fullness of our
souls and aspire to a higher way of living.  for me, b&s are more
self-indulgent.  they soothe me and represent the person i've become
after years of feeling different and self-absorbed and self-obssessed.
is anyone here familiar with the enneagram?  is it safe to say we are
all fours?  (the tragic romantic.)  so b&s represent *me* absolutely
(i'm 29 so i've listened to heaps to reach this point, starting with the
usual cure, smiths, etc. at 13), and radiohead represent what i am a
part of: western world humanity.

i'm new by the way (just a few weeks; do be kind to a stranger.

peace,
margot