Sinister: Ease Your Feet into the Sheep

Mick McMick bp224996 at xxx.edu
Tue Dec 22 17:16:02 GMT 1998

Hello There,
	Haven't posted in a few days(daze?) and there's some things I feel I
ought to respond to, so here goes...

Matt Hintz spoketh:
> <<re:  Mickey Mouse... I mean, Mick McMick and others disappointed in > the new ep>>

	Actually, what I said was a bit confusing, and I think you've mistaken
what I said for something else. I said if it weren't for a couple of
songs on the EP I would be afraid B&S were getting into a rut. That's
not to say that I don't like the EP, just to say that Modern Rock
Schlong and I Know Where the Summer Goes could have been on TWATTYBUS
and I wouldn't think about it twice. Not to say I'm not glad they
released some outtakes (I still wish they'd release Rhoda) but that is
to say I'm glad they have some songs which go in different directions
and stand on their own to go along with these songs.

The 30% Objective Evan Gregg spake:
> if you think today's music is lacking then you aren't looking hard
> enough and/or inthe right places

	In some ways I might agree with this statement in a roundabout way.
However, it must be considered that different people like different
things. Yes, there is *probably* something new that someone would like,
but not necessarily.

> try anything having to do with Elephant 6 (a band collective from
> Athens GA with a west office in CA) tis a good place to start because > they all play with each othr and with other kick ass people like Thom > Monahan from Lily's

	Please, there is no need to discuss the sexual habits of the Elephant 6
collective and the Lilys.

> tons of amazing music i just get a little tired of the all music today > sucks line (not meant as a personal attack) when the people just arent > looking hard enough

	I don't think anyone ever attacked music today, I think that some
people were saying they couldn't find anything they liked in the current
crop of bands. That is not an attack on today's music, it's a statement
of that 70% thing we call opinion. I think being a serious music
obsessive is in part keeping in touch with today while you remain firmly
rooted in the past. A mix of the two can yield results of a most
beautiful nature, as can be seen in B&S themselves.

	I was pleased to have just received an e-mail from Miss Magnetic Megan,
who is doing fine and has just gotten e-mail back en la Russe. I also
must my deep enjoyment of the Ballroom's reissue on Rev-Ola...

Now Playing: "The Visit (She Was Here)" - the Cyrkle

 /"\_/"\_/"\   Mick McMick - bp224995 at ohiou.edu - ICQ#5056758
 \         /   Sandcastle Records - (same e-mail for now)