Sinister: acronyms and such

Heather Marie Propes asbuch at xxx.edu
Wed Dec 23 05:33:09 GMT 1998

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, sam jacob wrote:

> The next "too ridiculous for words" point is the sudden rash of people
> complaining about the acronyms.  It's very simple: TBWTAS is a lot
> shorter than The Boy With The Arab Strap.  And then it became TWATTYBUS
> and TIGGERJAMMIES because it's *funny*, something that this list used to
> be.  I'm sure that it annoys people.  There've been time when the names
> have become so bastartized that I can't even figure out what song is
> being discussed.  But it's all in fun...just let it go, please.

Ohhhhhh, so that's what it's all about. But then I don't read every day,
so I'm probably responsible for my own ignorance.

Why is it that when I tell anyone anywhere that I like "pop" music, they
automatically start trying to make me listen to their Mariah Carey and
Celine Dion records (I swear, this actually happened once at work). Maybe
it's because I'm 28.

Also, are the Cardigans worth listening to? Or is this just a bunch of
recording label hype?

Ciao,

Heather Propes