Sinister: is it wicked when you're smiling,even though you feel like cryi...

Pulpbot at xxx.com Pulpbot at xxx.com
Wed Dec 23 04:13:25 GMT 1998

jeezus, you need to watch more MST3K--them fellas know obsessive and don't
flinch even when they're cat-calling Morrissey references at a badly-dubbed
Godzilla rip-off from 1952. Who on the list would make you feel so glum? Point
one: Obsessiveness is a tremendous affliction, nevah, NEVAH apologize for it.
In my Norton Anthology of Poetry there is an entry by one Mr. Christopher
Smart who wrote a tremendous epic poem, "Jubilate Agno," on the the walls of
the insane asylum he was committed to. Even better for Mr. Belljar was that
the climatic climax of the poem centers around his best, best friend--his cat
Jeoffrey. He really, really liked Jeoffrey. And this wonderful poem is taught
in universities to kiddies who heretofore believed that Allen Ginsberg truly
bitch-slapped the system. So don't you go worrying. Point two: As Mr. J.
Rotten once opined, "anger is an energy." Now, you may argue that it takes
guts to be gentle and kind, but sometimes you gotta ask if you can't get a
fuck you. Okay, I'm making lyrical references instead of stating an actual
opinion, but heck, postings with verve are what make the day, even if people
occasionally get hot-headed, ain't it better than mumbling about your shopping
list? All the postings on the list that I generally check out are usually less
the old standard-bearers than the peeps who make their reputation with wit and
sometimes a lot of bite.