Sinister: There is a light, that will, most certainly, never go out.

Ben Parker ben_hates_penguins at xxx.com
Wed Dec 23 21:41:09 GMT 1998

If the last few weeks have indeed taught me anything at all, it is
that "Willow" by the field mice is both the best thing in the world to
listen to after breaking up with a girlfriend, and the worst. I'm
starting to see why I fell in love with the smiths all those years
ago;  music can, yet agian, allow me to wallow in my own self
obsessiveness. Nice one. (She didn't really like belle and sebastian
anyway, so sod it).

Nice to see Black Star, and rawkus records, getting a mention, by
someone out there. A breath of fresh air really. An album cruelly
missed out by both of the weekly music papers end of year lists. Along
with almost everything i have brought over the last year, really.
Better than the manics last stuff anyway. Jesus.

And MOgwai are pretty decent live. Although, when i saw them they were
sort of a bit quiet really. Needed a bit more noise to lose myself in
tthe music. It was in a little pub as well, so you'd think it would be
loud. And while i'm at it, what are they doing supporting the MAnics?
Getting themselves known i suppose, but...I dunno.(Does the mind rule
the body...or does the body rule the mind?)

God! now i'm even quoting the smiths. Better watch meself before i
become douglas coupland or something. Who's last book incedently, in
my humble opinion, was a little bit crap. reminded me of watching that
my so called life program that was on channel 4 the other year:
watchable, yet nothing more. Like the breakfast club without the
humour, or the irratating, yet lovable, best friend getting drunk on
the eve of his 21st birthday and trying to be profound whilst telling
you his never last his virginity. Or something.

BeN