Sinister: never take electricity for granted

Alix Campbell alix.campbell at xxx.net
Sat Dec 26 22:29:27 GMT 1998

HA LLO

it's properly the holiday season now. we had a power cut earlier on today.
the excitement, the fun, the darkness.

when the power went out, i thought 'i'll go for a walk, and when i return
the
power'll be back on' so i went over the fields, but each time i looked back
at the village it was still dark. it was only when i was walking past the
house in my street that's covered in xmas lights and plastic glowing
reindeer that the
power returned -  much to my surprise, as santa suddenly loomed out of the
darkness,
from the front garden of this house.  i started laughing maniacally, to my
consternation. i think my point is that the weather has deteriorated
suffiently for it be all xmassy, and cosy. unless, like moi, you happen to
be walking across a muddy field in the rain. not that i'm still doing that,
i got home a while ago. they don't have computers in fields, you know.

look at what xmas has done to my sanity, i'm talking utter shite.

must   stop     and   go   to  sleep

love alix

"No, Patrick," Luis says. "They were . . . broiled"
It's silent in the boardroom as I comtemplate this, thinking it through
before asking, finally,
"What's 'broiled,' Luis?"
"I'm not sure," he says. "I think it involves . . . a pan"