Sinister: come back when you discover you're dead

ana simic mazzy_ana at xxx.com
Sun Dec 27 03:11:28 GMT 1998

cheerio to all of you 'out there'!!!

actually, I was planning to make my first mail to this list more
oh-sensational, but as it _always_ turns out different, I probably
shouldn't have even expected that to happen...hmhmhm
here I am now, hanging on my i-connection middle in the night
being extremely happy that x-mas is over...cos afterall:
1) days _will_ get longer (hard to believe....ain't it?)
2) cookies are all eaten up (or soon will be)..*sorry for being a
   girlie at this issue, but they _do _ make one fat*
3) all these crazy-going people around have finally settled down and
   they (we??) all realize, that these stupid presents they've
   got really weren't worth the x-mas rush....

Anyways!! That all wasn't _really_ the reason why I started writing
this mail, so let me get to the point...

*** the Douglas Coupland issue:

I've read _all_ the stuff that funny Canadian wrote, and I simply
loved it. I thought, the guy could not write a bad novel...he
was getting better with every new book he wrote. Anyways, you
can imagine what my expectations about the "Girlfriend in a Coma"
were....Huuuuuuge!!! (and _not_ only the title seemed more than
promising). Well,the dissappointment was even worse after having
finshed it two days ago.........!!!!
I even thought of sending some complaints to the author!
It _is_ a crap book (much much much worse than that "Celestine's
Prophecy" one, which i more than disliked and which it does remind me
of somehow). There's just nothing coming from the _real_
Douglas Coupland in that book, and there's nothing about (or even
feeling like) the Smiths "as we know them" in it.
So if you decide reading the book because of its nice title, then
do think twice....and do concider reading the MICROSERVES maybe
first (not a dissappointing title either, isn't it?*s*)

there were some other things I wanted to mention as well, but
oh-well maybe next time.
I'm just wondering if I'll be the first one to wish you all
the most joyfull NEW YEAR's EVE! Nooooo...*smiles*
Well,dear listees, DO get pissed an DO have fun!!!

Cheers! *s*

*Ana*

P.S: Are there any Dutch/German/Austrian etcetc people around here..
...hmm,well, "continent"?? Do make a notice of yourself, pleeease***