Sinister: just because it's cookie monster blue doesn't mean you can poke me

jessica tinystar at xxx.com
Mon Dec 28 04:07:30 GMT 1998

firstly, let me announce that i am wearing a brand spanking new pair of
shoes that look exactly like the ones prada is showing this season, the only
difference being that i paid muchmuch less for my shoes. they're mary janes,
they're leather, they're quite geeky really and they look smashing with my
knee length skirts and requisite cardigans. with biscuits in hand, of
course, and penguin paperback tucked into my pocket. but am i allowed to
nibble on my glico pocky milk super snacks? ah yes, they can be eaten in
conjunction with biscuits. one glico pocky snack, one biscuit. and then some
lemonade.

wizzcake wrote:
>jessicaxo i have the biggest crush on you...i hope you and ahren
>reproduce.

now, i couldn't let this roll by without some sort of comment. first,
eeeeek! okay, now i can say that there will be no reproducing between me and
ahren any time soon (or me and anyone for that matter, but you really don't
need to hear about that), we're just good friends and our relationship is
totally platonic. but i still touch him a lot. that can't be helped.
wizzcake, we will miss your urine scented cakes as they stick to the list
like wet tissue. in a good way, of course.

then peej wrote:
>>What's the appeal of Boston?<<

boston? please, other than being old guys sporting the ever-fashionable
mullet hairstyle and singing about old trains and ladies, it's also a great
city with some of the best chai tea around, a lovely discount bookstore, and
filene's basement which gets hit so hard every time i visit. did i mention
that glenn jones, of the ultra-talented cul de sac, lives there? yessir, and
he took me to dinner at a nice thai restaurant, and we discussed music, and
i discovered that he likes belle and sebastian! he also remembers seeing
jimi hendrix in concert, which eliminates him as a real world crush, sadly
enough, but i did go away grinning from the ride in his volvo and our little
discussion of belle and sebastian, and the fact that he paid for dinner,
which always thrills me (i'm simple, i know).

and peej wrote some more:
>>And while we're on the subject, don't despair if you
fail miserably to get a Christmas snog, New Year's Eve is just around
the corner, and everyone gets a snog then, regardless of physical
repulsiveness.<<

oh, poo, i now feel even more left out that i have no plans for new years. i
had tentative plans last year, and then i got tonsillitis and was forced to
stay at home and feel sorry for myself drinking neo citran and watching
'muriel's wedding'. anyone volunteer to show up at my house, take me out for
new years and kiss me? perhaps that sounds a little too desperate, let me
try again...anyone care for a lovely new years outing, rewarded definitely
by a hug and some cookies and a feel of my new blue furry jacket (not a
grope, mind you, just a feel. there is a difference, pervyheads). well,
being at home won't be so bad, i'll get another chance to listen to my whole
belle and sebastian library from start to finish in chronological order as
the new year comes in and the old year passes, and paint my nails pink and
phone old friends and leave pathetic messages on their machines saying
"happy new year, hope your karma gets you this time" and laughing from
having too much lemonade and having them call me back the next day saying
"what were you on, jessica, and what's this about karma?" and i'll pretend
that it must have been another jessica and quickly change the subject. oh
yes, here comes 1999, inevitably ushered in by prince (party like it's 1999)
and ended with pulp (disco 2000). how appropriate, somehow. i think my work
in retail is making me cynical.

oooh, i almost forgot about christmas cheer! hannukah is over, yes? hope the
festivities haven't left you too groggy, and that you all got a gift as
marvellous as my electric toothbrush. wow, it spins and makes my whole head
vibrate, and then i end up with clean teeth. amazing stuff, this technology.

love and rockets (oooh, cliche),
jessicaxo