Sinister: stuff

Ben Parker ben_hates_penguins at xxx.com
Mon Dec 28 23:21:23 GMT 1998

Nice to see some people agreeing with me about that Girlfriend in a
Coma book being none too great, (well one person anyway). I haven't
lost my touch on yoof culture at 22 then, thank god. I've never read
any of his other books, though, are they much better?

The smiths still do mean a lot to me, as someone commented. I just
find it strange that no other band could move me like they did those
years ago, until I fell into a wave of self-obsession recently, then
anyband could move me to tears, if you know what i mean. A nice
healthy dose of angst, not teenage but just as potent.

On the subject of lookalikes, as someone said that they got mistaken
for nancy or whatever. this drunk bloke thought i was the singer from
suede the other week,in a less than flattering light, and i once got
followed through croydon high street, at the height of britpop, by a
gang of teenage girls that all thought i was the singer from mensware.
They actually thought i was him, witch was quite frightening actually,
in a beatles mobbing sort of way. Not as intense, but still...suppose
my haircut was too 'indie' for the masses of the time.
Just thought i'd share that. Just boredom i suppose.

BeN