Sinister: and what's more - she was beautiful! *

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Tue Dec 29 16:06:06 GMT 1998

I just had to write to tell you all about my rediscovery of the season. On
Boxing day evening, after ridiculous drinking games which saw my best mate
virtually dead, we went back to his house and spent the smallest hours
playing with his fantastically updated Scalextric. It was astonishing! I
can't believe I gave away mine a few years ago - what a fool! The buzz of
learning how to slide the back wheels out on corners - god, I'm sounding
such a boy here - anyway, it's fantastic. Full stop.

What else - I have been desperately dull over the last few months whenever
I've posted. I'm sure I was more interesting when I first arrived (arrogant,
rude, pushy, above myself, I know, I know). Perhaps my life has got duller.
Actually, that can't be right - my life is great at the moment in most ways,
although my dicky tummy is quite upsetting, especially as I'm off to Glasgow
in 2 and a half hours. Perhaps when my life is at its most tedious I
actually have time to think of things to say. Anyway, this paragraph ranks
alongside my more self-indulgent and pointless ones - I wonder if I can
think of anything to say that'll keep you reading...

I have come to realise this Christmas that I am physically incapable of
winning a Christmas cracker. Is there some secret to it? I pulled about 6
this year (matron!) and inevitably lost every single one. Though I did get
an overenthusiastic elbow in the face, but that's hardly a quality novelty
item.

I'd also like some style advice. Are spats a good thing? I would kind of
like to purchase some, for a fancy dress party tomorrow night, but I feel I
may just look a fool.

Alix Campbell, you are a goddess. How can anyone be so deadpan in writing? I
am your pupil, if you'll have me.

Boring boring boring. I'd better go now and shiver.
Kiss,
Mark

* I know almost nothing about films, but just to irritate some of you, can
anyone tell me what film this line comes from? It's a truly great film...