Sinister: they'll like what i tell 'em to like

Christa Chaffinch cchaffin at xxx.org
Tue Dec 29 20:58:42 GMT 1998

well, since it looks like slim pickins in the world of sinister, i
decided to write to the list.  lesleyJo, this is my final weak attempt
at the ring.  ;)
i decided to carry on the recent trend of telling you all what i got
for christmas.
hmmmm, some clothes, stuff for my house, a stuffed fox :) , the
biography of Nick Drake and a lovely book of Edna St Vincent Millay
poems of which this is my favorite:
****
my candle burns at both ends,
it will not last the night.
but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends,
it gives a lovely light!
****
it makes me happy, it does.  30 more minutes and i can leave work!!
i am so utterly bored i want to scream.  i feel like stripping off my
clothes and
streaking the whole building, waving my arms wildly above my head.
HEY!  Kevin in Accounting!!  Want a piece of THIS??!!

*sigh*
i hope everyone had a good holiday, and has an even better new years
celebration.  that night has such potential!!  it never really ends up
being as good as it should be, though.  i wonder why.  get out there
and live it up, people!!  that's an order.

the eggnog! the champagne!  there's no turning back,
-christa