Sinister: ...when you're having no fun...

Buron St�phane sburon at xxx.fr
Wed Dec 30 12:05:14 GMT 1998

Hi kids!!!

It's been a very very long time... I dont even remember when I last
posted on the list. And yet, I've not unsubbed, I'm still here (but
nobody cares anyway, since nobody remembers me... sigh...) I still read
carefully your messages (more or less) and wish I could write nice
stories too. But I cant. Look, I had a Belle & Sebastian dream two
nights ago but it was too short and nonsens: I was talking with Stuart
Murdoch and, hum, that's all I'm afraid. That's why I've got nothing to
say. But I decided to write that I had nothing to say, simply because
others do it and because this list is soooo quiet these days. Have you
noticed the number of messages in which listees say they are "bored"???
It's amazing. You should go and have a look at the sinister archives and
search for the word, you'd have fun (especially if you're bored, but
anyway you are, we are...)

Speaking of the archives... Yesterday, I tried to search for the phrase
"soul of an unearthly" and found almost nothing. Well, a few people
asked what it meant but there seems to be no answer. Does it come from a
Postcard record? From a fanzine? Is it the title of a book? No, it's
not, since i've also searched on amazon.com and other book stores. It's
a shame: i'd love to read something new, more or less related to belle
and sebastian, cause i've finished the books i wanted to read: Sylvia
Plath, The Bell Jar (no, not The Belle Jar, the meaning would be
slightly different...) which is a great novel ; Young and Foolish by
you-know-who ; and an anthology of "new writing", coming directly from
Glasgow (thanks Nik!). By the way, there is a wee story written by Ciara
Mac Laverty, the Sinister "cover star". I didnt know she was a writer,
at least sort of. I like her novel. ..

I almost forgot to tell you I had the best christmas present in the
world... Guess what??? A new "bus tshirt"!!! I had an original one,
bought in Manchester, but the washing machines didnt like it and now i
could offer this wee shirt to my youngest brother (if I had one...) So
my girlfriend managed to scan the bus design and to put it on a new
shirt... and here is the nicest christmas present I ever had.

That's it, now. Just a last thing: a few weeks ago, my computer exploded
and I lost everything (addresses, files, netscape, everything...). So,
Jennifer, if you ever read this message, write to me cause I dont know
where you are anymore... The same for Niall, this nice boy from Dublin I
met before the B&S gig in Paris...
And if you're bored and dont know what to do, why dont you have a look
at my web site (provided you speak french...). It's at
http://www.chez.com/tweeclub.

I have to eat my quiche lorraine, now...

Take care

Stephane