Sinister: better copy of black sessions?

999 stray4f at xxx.net
Wed Dec 30 16:46:17 GMT 1998

Just wanted to check in with a pair of questions/requests:

does the version of "Slow Graffiti" on the Acid House soundtrack differ from
the version on the EP in any way?

does anyone have a copy of the Black Sessions/Tigermilk that isn't recorded
in mono (left channel only) peaking at around -10 db?  The music is
wonderfull, but I am ready to actually hear it in a version that doesn't
sound like it was high-speed dubbed on a clock radio.

The Dirty Dream video is coming along well, so thanks again to everyone who
came to Athens to take part.  I'm deep in the process of sorting through the
footage right now, and it is looking gorgeous except for the sad 100 feet of
film that broke the registration/pull down claw of one of the cameras and
came out as a complete blur.  It's only a few minutes of all the footage,
but unfortunately it contained the only shots of Robbie and Brad who came up
from Albany, and I can't apologize enough to them for the bad luck.

Finally, for any list members in the UK, there are a pair of other pieces I
shot that are airing.   I believe that there is some sort of NME television
special in the early new year that will be broadcasting some documentary
footage of Hole that I shot while they made their recent album.  I know that
this is horribley off-topic and everyone is probably aghast at their
mention, but the process of being in those sessions for so long, surviving
it, and now finally having the footage surface a year later is sort of nice.
 At the other end of the spectrum, there is a rather hilarious video for
Fatboy Slim's "Praise You" that we shot tourist-style on camcorders of Spike
Jonze dancing as a misguided street performer that should be airing quite a
bit across Europe, and will begin airing in the States in a few weeks.  The
Dirty Dream video, I am pleased to say, will look nothing like either of
those pieces.