Sinister: MY favorite author

Heather Marie Propes asbuch at xxx.edu
Thu Dec 31 03:53:31 GMT 1998

Just thought I'd add a somewhat late contribution to all the book talk. My
favorite author has for years been the one and only romantic son of a
Nottingham coal miner, the one and only, D.H. Lawrence. Lawrence is the
GREATEST, and if you don't believe me, read "Lady Chatterly's Lover." It
has some of the best smut, er, sex scenes written in the English language.

Lawrence sure knew how to write about sex, but sex was only the
beginning of his great literary genius. His view of the world was that the
ego and the will to control and to know are forces that prevent man from
really living, as he should, as a part of the "life force" of nature. Only
those who were willing to let go of the urgency of their will could tune
into the more subtle patterns of lif. There is a song by the
Stranglers, called "Toiler on the Sea" that reminds me a great deal of
"Lady Chatterly's Lover."

Anyway, I would recommend Lawrence to anyone. In addition to LCL, I have
read "Women in Love," "Sons and Lovers" and "The Rainbow." All are
marvelous.

Just felt like sharing. Ciao,

http://student-www.uchicago.edu/users/asbuch/index.htm#hometop

Heather Marie Propes   asbuch at midway.uchicago.edu