Sinister: Dolly Parton's guitar

Tag mctag at xxx.com
Sun Feb 1 11:55:24 GMT 1998

Hello Lovers,

It's Sunday morning.  I don't remember the last time I was awake on a
Sunday morning.  It's this mad, mad hedonistic lifestyle I lead.  The
cats are fighting a lot.  Is there a full moon?

Belle and Sebastian playing Sunday morning songs (String Bean Jean, in
fact) on the dansette.  Lights!  Camera!  Action!

David Walker wrote:

>Has a Northern Soul night started at the Star & Garter ? Is it still on
>and is it any good ? Just noticed it on a poster somewhere the other day
>and it got me thinking.....

I don't know - tell me if you find out.

Alan wrote:

>bless....

Bless?  Bless?  You scroll down and down through someone else's letter
in it's entirety expecting to see some incisive reply, and you get
'Bless'.  It's all a horrible, horrible dream and I'm going to wake up
soon.  No? ... it's real?  There is no God.

Peter Miller wrote:

>And then there's "My Sister" by Tinkersticks, which I think is really really
>good, and I imagine more of a direct influence on Belle and Sebastian's
>talking efforts. Which I still haven't heard.  Another good one with talking
>on is "Cherry Blossoms" (?), which is my favourite Tinkersticks song, don't
>know what it's about though.

My favourite Tindersticks song is their Nancy and Lee tribute 'A
marriage made in heaven', although it sounds more like Nick Cave and
Clare Grogan than N&L.  I wonder what happened to the Isabella
Rosselini version.  Don't all write at once.  But I love a good duet,
being the big soppy pussycat that I am ... big favourites are 'Some
velvet morning' and 'Je t'aime'.   I put these songs on tape for an
old girlfriend and she said 'Do you like men to be men, and women to
be women?'.  Dr Freud, is it true?

'Islands in the stream' by Kenny and Dolly, that's a good one.
Teenage Fanclub used to do that one, and me and a friend wanted to
record a version ourselves, the record company man just laughed.  It
would've been great, with my butch baritone and her Swedish accent.  I
like Dolly, she's a fine fine woman.  Has anyone heard the story about
Dolly Parton sitting in a car in a parking lot for 48 hours without
noticing.  I do hope drugs weren't involved.  I defy anyone not to cry
real tears hwen they listen to 'Daddy, come and get me', in which poor
Dolly has been dumped in the nuthouse by her philandering husband.  It
starts off 'In this mental institution...' and goes uphill from there.

Genevieve wrote:

>I don't understand this 'mad' reputation I have,I make sense in my posts.I
>am not crazy,just in love.

That's what *I* keep saying, nobody believes me.  But the kids
understand.  They always do.

>Sadly,nobody appear in boxes...but it could be the canadian postal
>system...speediest around,you know...

When one arrives, don't open it with a sharp implement.  It happened
to Waldo Jeffers, it could happen to anyone.

Megan wrote>

>um, i don't know if i should be writing at night.  i try to make my posts
>somewhat pertinent, but i'd like to encourage all of you who only want b&s
>info to delete my posts in the future, cause i plan on going for the silly
>and entirely irrelevant info in the future.  oh, to dream the impossible
>dream.

I hope everyone else will make it their February resolution to take a
leaf out of Megan's book and make it their personal mission to amuse,
entertain and excite in the future.  Because if I read another
dull-witted post repeating tedious facts that another 50 listees have
also posted, I will kill, or at least maim.

But I love you nevertheless.

Tag xxx