Sinister: to dream the impossible dream

David & Katrina bluesoda at xxx.uk
Sun Feb 1 15:05:54 GMT 1998

Tag wrote:

> Enough is enough,
>
> I'm listening to McCarthy today, I'd forgotten how good they were ...
> I feel inspired.  I like the idea of people getting inspired by Belle
> and Sebastian, to write and move and do stuff instead of sitting back
> and digesting, expecting to be entertained, just saying 'oh, aren't
> they good' or 'this is pop!' isn't even good enough.  This could be
> beautiful - we've got a whole load of people from around the world and
> it's a cause for celebration and doing something a bit more creative -
> and instead it's going stale.
>
> I know I'm rambling - I'm coming out of a period of being restless and
> now I feel like shaking someone awake.  Let me know what you think,
> huh?  Hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about,
>
> Love Tag xx

i know what you're on about tag, as do many others, the impossible dream
isn't that unobtainable, not when we all feel the way we do.
here we are, over 400 people who all love belle and sebastian and all
feel so alive, and this, this list is what represents us and who we are,
the way we feel.
and yet, all we can manage is a whinge over this, a slag down of that.
and we feel, oh god we feel so alive and real. and we've falen in love
with music that shows this, and still, all we can do is do the opposite
of what we feel.
no outpourings of emotion, no tales of the things that touch us dearly,
just the short snaps at people who risk telling us which bands they love
today,

yeah, i think i know what you're on about tag,
and i wouldn't worry
this feeling is growing and the few people who may say this are (i
think) about to let the rest of us know what it is to live, and maybe
that will be inspiration enough to see us through.

david, being incoherent but being lead by emotion enough to not care
anymore.

--
                 Belle and Sebastian Fan Club
     merchandise, mail-outs, chat, lyrics, poetry, fiction
               mailto:bluesoda at totalweb.co.uk