R: Sinister: re: even as we speak and jasmine minks

Giuseppe Gregorini g.gregorini at xxx.it
Sun Feb 1 18:50:16 GMT 1998

The Duke wrote:

>three singles as far as i can remember, and an LP.  any more that that,
>Andy?  the singles i have at least are 'Nothing Happens', 'One Step
>Forward' and 'Beautiful Day', which is my own personal favourite
>because, erm, the cover is a photo i took of a shopping trolley (cart)
>sitting on Troon beach :-)  They are very excellent indeed.

I really like them. In "Nothing ever happens" there's a beautiful version of
"Bizarre Love Triangle", a fact that allows me to mention another band who
covered the song and that I think should be familiar to every BandS oriented
ear. I'm talking of Devine & Statton, one of the first names that came to my
mind after listening to BandS.
Is it me, or they (and their former band Young Marble Giants) were/are
inspirational for many bands?

>And on the subject of blasts from the past, i just heard from Jim
>Shepherd of Jasmine Minks infamy, and the news is that he and Tom Reid
>are writing songs again.  More news as and when, but hey... this has
>brightened up my January at least.

Mine too, even though my Alan McGee's favourites were the Biff Bang Pow.

Ciao,   Giuseppe