Sinister: i'm positively cynical

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Sun Feb 1 19:51:54 GMT 1998

The Duke of Harringay wrote ...

>maybe we can get our collective shit together and make, as tag suggests,
>a magazine of the international pop underground (taking a cue from K
>there...),

I'm afraid this name is occupied by the Stockholm collective involving "The
International Pop Underground" showcases and free fanzines ... furthermore,
there is a mailing list using the same name ... how about some originality ?

>and maybe we can tell some kind of truth about the story of
>belle & Sebastian, and maybe someone will care.  i dunno.

Dunno either ...

>Tag said he was listening to McCarthy, so i've just put on I Am A
>Wallet, and yes it is exciting, magical Pop.

And yes ... you've missed the name for the potential fanzine, namely "The
International Narcotics Traffic" by McCarthy. ยง;^D

Music that could take you
And your mind to a new sphere
These our chiming chords
Could take us both away from here
The beat of the drums lifts off your head
The bass is shaking off your cares
On it goes you are carried away
On a sea of sound
On and on to an ecstasy (... ehrm ...)
On a sea of sound
The beat of the drums lifts off your head
The bass is shaking of your cares

Up, up and away
On the beautiful tune

In each verse excitement is built
To a new pitch
Cymbals crash and with frenzied guitars
He wildly sings
The beat of the drums lifts off your head
The bass is shaking of your cares

Apologies for the lack of emotion and thoughtfulness ... must be the cold
medium.

You could always choose "Pocketbook Angel" given an appropriately formated
fanzine ...

On now: _Silly songs for cynical people_ - Would Be's

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella
But more upon the just because