Sinister: to dream.....and other ramblings

Yaz yazansam at xxx.uk
Sun Feb 1 20:16:28 GMT 1998

I've had about three hours and a half hours sleep and i really shouldn't be
awake right now, so forgive me these ramblings....

Firstly, who was it talking about Idlewild?  I missed them at the Garage
last night because SOMEONE (a big mean bouncer)  had the genius-like idea
of making all the people on the guest list queue for over an hour and
letting eveyone else with tickets straight through. (Does anyone know if
they were any good?)

"Bollox, " me thought after only catching the last two minutes of their
set.

but all was not lost, Glitterbox were there to save my night - how danmed
goood are they? they completely surpassed the headliners, Midget, the
Geen-Day-esque rockers, who were alright. They best thing they did was a
cover version of "Daydream Believer" ( aahh, sigh) which started off really
quiet and then proceeded to burst your right ear-drum.  But, me and my
friends decided that they'ld get even better, just as soon as they hit
puberty...

the crowd was just mental -  i mean one of the best/worst mosh pits (delete
as applicable) i've ever seen in me life.  i love watching the
crowd-surfers' little  antics, as almost a  subplot to the main action
on-stage.  There was this one kid who after many foiled attempts to outwit
these two big, mean bouncers, finally made it on to the stage:  and for one
proud moment of magnificence,  stood victorious in front of the drum kit,
surveying this swirming mass of sweaty bodies he'd just conquered and then
gave this triumphant little shake of the fist.
he glanced over his shoulder, saw the big bastard bouncer coming towards
him, and with split second thinking, cheekily sky-dived back into the crowd
before they could get to him.

They were well pissed off.

And here's another little personal anecdote which, with my usual skill for
these things, has bugger all relevance.

It's especially for you, Genevieve, just to make you squeal in jealousy,
concernant Monsieur Crispine 'unt:

One of my mad friends bumped into him at Chelmsford 96 and since the
Longpigs happened to be her favourite band of all time, talked to him for a
bit.  After she said something, he looked down at her, took her hands, and
then kissed them both...

 one, two, three,  aaaah....
aah! what it is to be a young, mad, beautiful thing.
I mean, he acts so damn sarcky, but y'know, if you could just pierce that,
he is just a great big ole romantic teddy-bear.

You jealous now Genevieve?

Love+hugs,
Yaz xx

p.s.

david, what you said was really cool.

 "Now we know where were going
  We can lay back and enjoy the ride....
  Drowning our senses...(no, i'm not trying to be poetic, i've just
forgotten the words)