Sinister: to dream the impossible dream

susannah susannah at xxx.net
Sun Feb 1 23:33:48 GMT 1998

on 01 Feb 98, Tag wrote...

>Enough is enough,

  I like the idea of people getting inspired by Belle
>and Sebastian, to write and move and do stuff instead of sitting back
>and digesting, expecting to be entertained, just saying 'oh, aren't
>they good' or 'this is pop!' isn't even good enough.  This could be
>beautiful - we've got a whole load of people from around the world and
>it's a cause for celebration and doing something a bit more creative -

Tag, I know exactly what you mean, I have been moved by belle and sebastian and
am going to proceed to do the following and wonder if any listees would care to
join me? :

1) I am making a lifesize model of Manchester Town Hall out of matchsticks in my
front room. I have got through two packets of Swan vestas so far, can anyone get
me some more?

2) Then I'm going to go from Lands End to John O'Groats doing forward rolls like
that Indian bloke once did, except instead of saying funny mantras I'll be
chanting 'we were sitting on the sofa the wrong way round' over and over again.

3) Lastly I'll be growing my fingernails until they reach the exact width of
Chris's flares and then presenting them to him in a glass case.
Thats going to be AFTER I've done the forward roll bit though, as the two might
not be compatible.

There.

Susannah.