Sinister: the time has come, the walrus said...

andybear koogydelbbog at xxx.com
Mon Feb 2 11:46:40 GMT 1998

...to talk of many things:

um, but first i feel i must apologise to david o'reilly cos i was a
bit mean the other week. yeah, what he seemed to be saying (that the
band never play live) was just downright wrong - i saw them 7 times
last year (yeah, more money than sense) and there were at least 4 gigs
that i didn't go to. but, yeah, i shouldn't've made it a personal
attack. so, er, sorry. and david, if they do get to play close enough
to you for you to go and see them then let me know and i'll pay for
your ticket...

northy was asking about films that would fit with b&s's music. i think
it'd have to be something french and 1960's, the new wave stuff, the
cinema verite stuff. a women walking down the middle of a busy road
selling 'Cahiers Du Cinema'. or something from the British movement of
gritty northern drama of around the same time. 'Saturday Night And
Sunday Morning' say, or 'The Leather Boys', anything with Rita
Tushingam in it, everyday people. or maybe something a bit more
fantastical like 'Billy Liar'.

(toryboy has also had the first few moves from the hitch hiker's guide
adventure game as his sig for the last couple of weeks now. what's
really odd is that i know this without ever having played the game
myself...)

tigermilk: i guess there are new people who still want copies. there
are also lots of people out there who already have copies. can i
suggest that if you want a copy or are prepared to tape a copy for
someone you send me your address and i'll try and match you up with
someone geographically close so the postage costs don't hurt as much.
in the past people have posted to the list and offered to tape things
for others but i for one daren't do that anymore given the sheer
numbers involved. if we get enough people offering tapes then they'll
only have to do one copy each so... oh, and can anyone who does this
put 'tigermilk: giver' or 'tigermilk: taker' in the subject line
please 8)

asides:
trembling blue stars single was a bit too st etienne for my tastes,
yes. should really listen to it more than the twice i have though.
friends (hi honeypie!) have told me the new lp is great though. out
next monday, the 9th feb. www.maths.monash.edu.au/~rjh/fm

even as we speak were great, yes. they moved to england for a year in
92 and did a lot of gigs in london. saw them 8 times in total figuring
that if they can come all the way from australia to play for us then i
can make the trip from herts to london to support them...

the list fanzine thing is a strange idea - why create something like a
fanzine when we have a much more immediate form of communication in
this list?

nathan, gez, i have things to ask you. will see you in the chat room
from about 4 and ask you there...

lovesick on a sunny afternoon*, sigh.
andy
(koogydelbbog at yahoo.com)

*ok, it's only 11:40 something but it's close enough...

another voicemail waiting this morning when i got into work this
morning, another slice of Her to treasure but now when i log on it
warns me that my voicemail is nearly full and that i should delete
some of my saved messages. but which to choose? don't they realise
that this is like asking me which of my fingers i could do without?
==
andrew.dean at bull.net