Sinister: to dream the impossible dream

Cairns ics6jdc at xxx.UK
Mon Feb 2 15:40:36 GMT 1998

Tag wrote

>... we should be using all
> this we get from these records, making everyone laugh (like Peter and
> Susannah), writing witty little anecdotes about their lives (like
> Genevieve), or making films, getting together, forming bands, opening
> clubs, launching plans for an international pop underground magazine.

Are we sure this is McTaggart?
Sounds more like Brother John Robb to me. Heh heh.

A point well made though. Bitching about other peoples' favourite
bands is harsh (though great fun), and I don't think the list is
the place for it, really. I think one of the fantastic things about
B&S is the way they come to unite people, not in an unthinking,
we're-all-alive-together, Oasis-stylee, but as individual reference
points, or like a jumping-off point, and things like the list are a
part of that.

What I mean is that, when you
find someone else who shares your adoration, the chances are, not
that you'll all possess the same Beatles-Ned's-Black Grape British
Heritage CD collection like with other groups, but that they'll be
able do you a singularly enchanting mix tape, and sends you off in
loads of fantastic directions, and vice-versa. They're a part of the
great big, sunny paper-chase of pop/films/books that, seventy-percent
of the time, makes life worthwhile. That and the All Saints pictures
in FHM.

Who rattled my cage, eh? Jeez.
Joseph
xxx