Sinister: Will this do?

Honey honey at xxx.net
Mon Feb 2 17:21:48 GMT 1998

Boring stuff first:

1. (Yawn) PLEASE don't send subscribes/unsubscribes to
sinister at majordomo.net, send them to majordomo at majordomo.net.  All
attempts to do so to sinister will result in 10 additional
subscriptions to the list and a packet of stale crisps through the
post.

2. Please remember (particularly digesters) that a "reply" in most
mail programs will come to me and not go to the list - re-address to
"sinister at majordomo.net".  I don't send them on, not until someone has
a *nice* dream about me.

3. Don't use the list for private mail or mail to about 5 people.
Some specific content in a general message is fine but please don't
rattle on for ages.

4. Don't quote gallons of text and add a line.  If you're quoting
more than you're saying don't bother.

5. I applaud loudly the big leap in creativity and thought in the
last 3 days (including stupid thought).  The drill is: compose your
message... hover your finger over the send key for 10 seconds...
think whether we all want to hear and whether Cliff Richard would
approve... send.

On 2 Feb 1998, Nick Dastoor/BSHO/GB wrote:

> Talking of dreams, I had my B&S dream the other night.  Well, to be
> precise it was a rather embarrassing B&S mailing list dream.  In it, I
> somehow ended up offering to let Paedophile Paul (poor boy's gone a
> bit quiet since the great baby picture scandal shit hit the fan) stay
> at my house for a while.  It turned out he was a hideous one-legged
> dwarf (I kid you not) but I tried to disguise my shock and take him
> out on the town, go shopping and stuff.  It reminded me of having to
> do the same with my french exchange partner many moons ago.  Not that
> he was a one-legged dwarf or anything.  But he did have dandruff.

HoneyPP replies: the nerve.  I would like to go on record as saying
that (a) I am do not want naked pictures of children if that's OK,
even if from the 1970s/60s/50s (although I might make an exception
for Linda), (b) I do not have dandruff/one leg/a height "problem"
(hideous is up to you lot, although I'm a bit worried about being
pictured as "Smelly Spice" by Linda's wee cousin if you've found it
on the WWW pages), (c) I bet one-legged hideous dwarves are the best
of people.

However I *do* like appearing in people's dreams - Nick, what did you
buy me on the shopping spree?  M&S?  Did you keep the receipt as it
may not be my size?

"Johnston, John CT" scribbled:

> Hooray! Somebody else has had a list dream!! I must reveal that ol'
> HoneyChile himself appeared in my dream and he was NEITHER hideous NOR
> one-legged NOR in anyway a dwarf. (PC note - not that there's anything
> wrong with any of the above). But I couldn't write about it quite like
> Nick could (marvellous stuff). What was the film??

Lumme, I was just about to retire to a back seat on the list, put on
me slippers and smoke a pipe.  OK, I am willing to appear in dreams
on request.  But John you leave me dangling - what happened?

John is quite right in saying you lot have been right miserable gits
in not sending pictures.  I now have... hmmm 6 baby pictures which
isn't enough to shake a stick at.  The boys are winning on the
sickly cuteness scale.  If I don't get more soon I will give up on
any competition idea and just shove them on the WWW page - like a
damp squib.  Oh and I also have a scanner in the office so you'll be
able to see me soon at 3, with two legs, normal height (for 3) and
smiling in a preposterous way.

Honey xxx

10 seconds... Cliff... just about... send.