Sinister: he said the world was as soft as lace

Sarah sarah at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 2 17:51:30 GMT 1998

Ok, if it is OK by everyone else I shall to back to chatting about just
B&S stuff thought type thingy doodhahs, oui?

OK, well last night (the dreaded Sunday, you can probably blame mywhole
homicidal/suicidal depression and frustration on the bloody Sunday) I
was doing my ironing, and listning to Tigermilk.

And as soon as the State I am In started, I just got to thinking, now
wouldn't this be an ace pop video! I could just imagine a video of a
girl doing the ironing nd household chores thing working really well
with that. No band needed to act in vid, maybe a few shots of band,
perhaps on poster when she takes irnoing upstairs.

Expectations got me really bitter about my old schooldays (ooh, all of a
year ago!) and the video for that would have oviously been set in the
locations named in the song, like the school canteen where she doesn't
know what to choose and she's stabbed WITH A FORK which is so mean, and
cruel...

Electronic Renaissance I didnt think f a vid for cos I was be-boppin'
along to the toe' tappin' disco beat, even though give me a it and no
doubt I will come up with a great one!

We rule the School was a nice one. B&S would all be stood on a little
stage, like a school stage for a nativity play, with an audience of
parents etc. And it would start off with a full body close shot of
Stuart Murdoch, who would be stood wit one foot crossed over the other,
and shyly singing, and looking sweetly at the camera. Then it would cut
to the audience, and pan across it, perhaps focusing in on people with
particular looks/expressions.

Then perhaps, I'm sorry I can't remeber exact song structure at the mo',
back to the band on stage. When he starts singing 'on the first bus out
of town...', the band would all be sat upstairs on a bus taking up the
middle seats. There would be the smokers at the back. The shot would
take in the bands faces, and then go to a pov shot out of the windows,
where various scenery would go past, ie a school, buildings, and as it
progresses out of town, fields etc.

And finally, we're back at the school, the songs finishes, B&S walk off
the stage to the sounds of the parents clapping. It would be lit like a
nativity play, ie bright stage and dim audience.

But the happiest one was to 'I don't love anyone'. Wow, its such a
bouncy, jumpy fantastic song!

It starts off in a little 'indie-disco style', like a little club room,
with lots of people bouncing about and 'grooving' to the song, all with
happy happy joy joy grins on their faces, the band would be playing the
tune on stage, Stuart with his guitar (in WRTS, Stuart would just be
singing and wouldn't be playing his guitar), and everyone else with
their instrumnent bla bla. I forget the rest, it'll come back to me when
I listen to the song again

In the instrumental part, this bit I thought sounded really great, I'd
laugh anyway. There would be the band all together perhaps either
playing football or dancing, and looking really happy, and the camera
wold freeze-frame on thei faces and perhaps flash up their name and
maybe some cheesey info. They'd obviously be cheesey, like i can just
imagine RICHARD (riiichard!) doing a fake thumbs up grin meister!

And then back at the happy indie disco. it would be a fun pop, I would
say bubblegum but I don't actually like it, video which would make
people happy and think B&S were a realyl groovey happy bunch of peeps!
WEll, the images made me happy.

Um, well thats enough for me now, sorry about my screaming (well,
capital letters) email last night and stuff, .....um, well, i shouldn't
be sorry. So I'm not sorry and I lied but never mind because in the
grand overall scheme of things it don't matter.
I'M GOING NOW BYE!!!!!!!
Yours faithfully, the beautiful only slightly homicidal Sarah

        BLOKE :"How about we....skip desert tonight...."
        BIRD  :"Why! What else...do you have in mind!"
        BLOKE :"Nothing. Its just that you're a bit fat already innit?"
                                SHE LEAVES
        BLOKE :"Check please."