Sinister: to dream the impossible dream

bradford parachute at xxx.net
Tue Feb 3 00:45:14 GMT 1998

hey, tag. way to go.
i'm here in the states so it would be hard for me to join this
collective upsurge of activity that you're proposing.
however, i am in the process of opening my own record store here in my
town and i have talked the local coffee shop guy into having open mic
nights on tuesdays. so, i, for one, am trying to make something exciting
happen in my town. the only record stores within 150 miles of me are
chain stores that go as far as carrying the new 311 for the kids who
want the underground stuff. my small business loan went through
yesterday, so now i gotta find a good site and get some inventory. and
there's nowhere here for bands to play except during the summer, so
that's why i talked that coffee shop guy into doing something.

i'm afraid all this didn't come about because b&s made me want to do it,
but they have been my soundtrack for the last eight or nine months while
i was planning it all.

i'd like to side with tag on this one. there are too many lazy people in
this world who complain without trying to fix the problem. everyone
needs to get off their ass and do something. there's no need to argue if
radiohead are crap or not because i doubt there's anyone motivational
enough on this list to sway a radiohead lover's tastes in the opposite
direction.

RADIOHEAD PERSON: "i love them. they're the best thing since water"

RADIOHEAD HATER: "they suck. they're pretentious"

RADIOHEAD PERSON:  "you know...maybe you're right. i'm a loser for
listening to them."

this ain't gonna happen. if you really think radiohead suck as much as
they do (and they do), then don't listen to them.

that kind of got off topic. i haven't been this worked up since the
local cable affiliate took comedy central and e! off of our roster.

doing something,
brad