Sinister: First time I have ever laughed out loud at an email...

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Feb 2 19:41:43 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: Jeepster Recordings Ltd <jeepster.uk at virgin.net>
Para: sinister at majordomo.net <sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: lunes 2 de febrero de 1998 19:44
Asunto: Re: Sinister: First time I have ever laughed out loud at an email...

>> Hows about a BESEEN chat on one the Belle and Sebastian page?
>> They are great!
>
>Hows about a what?
>
>i don't understand anymore ....
>
>Katrina.

I'm not sure, but i imagine it's something to do with those little cameras
that you stick on top of your computer so that other people can see the top
of your head while you're typing away merrily with two fingers. Which is
what I've been doing all afternoon. I've also listened to the entire Rolling
Stones single collection, for which I think I deserve a medal, and Astral
Weeks by Van Morrison, which is kind of Belle and Sebastian-ish sounding,
only with more of an epic sweep. I enjoyed it very much and can't for the
life of me understand why I hardly ever listen to it.

January is over, February is here, and with it a brand new sense of fun and
adventure. Am I right, or am I wrong? In short, in the words of the late,
great Marvin Gaye, "Let's Get It On". I haven't had the pleasure of actually
physically meeting anyone off the list yet, but I've gained lots of cyber
chums, received tapes, books and CDs from fellow listees, and have inflicted
my own appalling musical tastes on a few people. As if that wasn't enough,
somewhere between Edinburgh and Renteria, a fat lardy-arsed post office
employee is no doubt enjoying a few pounding slabs of high octane
progressive rock. So I think the list is well worthwhile, even if we all get
a bit ratty and shirty and generally tempramental from time to time. Let us
all give praise to Honey, winner of the Tweenet award for best
supporting e-mail list 1997. If he wins it three years on the trot he gets
to keep Andy Dean forever, so come on now, all together, let's have a nice
warm hand on Paul's entrance.

By the way, I just tried to burst into the chat room and it wouldn't bloody
well let me.
Try again.

Peter