Sinister: Bugger all Belle and Sebastian or Northy content

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Feb 3 11:08:12 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: Hopkins T <t.hopkins at lancaster.ac.uk>
Para: 'the big Other' <sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: lunes 2 de febrero de 1998 21:23
Asunto: Sinister: stitched up like a kipper

>Nobody's seen Q or mentioned it yet so I'll get my special pleading in
>first.

Is this the issue with the hundred best albums of all time, won by
Radiohead, on the cover? Or is there a newer one?

>However, I did not say 'the Pinteresque pauses merely serve to heighten a
>sense of expectation'. Did I, Duke? Neither would I. Honest.
>
>I have nothing against the pauses. I just dread to think that any one of
you
>could think I might use the word 'Pinteresque'.

Kafkaesque, now there's a useful word...

>/me shudders.
>
>The vox pop was conducted by a friend (ex?...) of mine by the name of
>Morris, who has stitched me up like a kipper.

A friend of mine was once pictured pulling a funny face in Just Seventeen.
Underneath it said that he liked Echo and the Bunnymen and the Jesus and
Mary Chain, the lying sod. To make matters worse it said that he "hates
Simon Le Bon, he's fat and ugly and he can't sing". He claims he was
stitched up too, but I think he was just trying to make up for his living
room full of Duran Duran records and the infamous video of their American
tour, which was great, well worth seeking out.

Peter