Sinister: Re: your mail

Timmy the Terrifying Talking Turtle rod at xxx.com
Tue Feb 3 13:28:13 GMT 1998

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Claire Timmins wrote:

>  Sorry about the irrelevance to the band, but can anyone recall the
> supposed virus that was mentioned a while back?

There is no such thing as an e-mail virus[1].  The only way a virus can be
passed by e-mail is if a file is attached which you are stupid enough to
run without virus checking.  But plain text can't contain anything
nasty[2].

Rod.

[1] Except maybe those fucking ASCII cows
[2] Except maybe the word "fucking"[3]
[3] Is swearing banned on the list?  I can't remember.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |