Sinister: Who writes the songs that make the happy bunnies hum.

Johnston, John CT John.Johnston at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 3 13:43:08 GMT 1998

or why I love this list....

1. I've just got 'meat' samosa all over the computer screen after
laughing so much at Tag's last mail while having my lunch. I'm still
giggling now and I've started on my Ribena, by thunder I could short
circuit the whole place if I'm not carefull. But anything that can do
that to me at work has got to be A Good Thing.

2. It makes me listen to other people

3. It makes me listen to more B&S and more than B&S.

On a B&S point, I can't stop listening to Photo Jenny and Century of
Elvis. I've just made a tape that runs those two into Speed of Light by
the Fannies and I listen to it on the way home quite overwhelmed by
opportunites for loveliness and beauty that our humble lives afford us.
But I never used to be keen on either of those two songs, just one day I
was listening and they struck something new inside me. it reminds me of
my love of e.e.cummings. I have two little books of his poems and I
adore his stuff. Not all of it; I reckon it's like life - most of it
doesn't make sense, some of it is rubbish but then come bits that are so
beautiful that it makes up for everything else. And whenever I flick
through those books I find new bits. Poems I've looked at a hundred
times may suddenly 'speak' to me. I read one that made me cry last week
that has never meant anything to me before. It starts "in time's a noble
mercy of proportion" and I ought to stick it up on my website at my
earliest.

B&S are like that for me, I'm still finding new treasures in an
admittedly still small pool; long may it continue.

the faith? I'm keeping it.

john
xxx