Sinister: Ian Botham on Bad Acid

Claire the Careless Cha-chaing Cauliflower rod at xxx.com
Tue Feb 3 16:11:17 GMT 1998

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Keith Watson wrote:

> There was a guy who me and some friends once almost went to see years ago,
> as there were posters around Edinburgh for "Mr.Boom's Band", which one of my
> mates pointed out could be a secret gig by the Spacemen, it's really just as
> well we didn't 'cause I saw a poster for the guy last week in the chippy and
> it turns out he's an all-singing all-dancing one man band clown who does
> kids parties and stuff,

You mean you never caught "Over the Moon with Mr Boom"?  It's like a
low-rent version of The Singing Kettle.  All the production values of
Dotaman, except in English, and you usually got a story from some
out-of-work member of the Wildcat Theatre Company.

Not one of Queen Margaret Drive's better moments.

Rod.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |