Sinister: Who writes the songs that make the happy bunnies hum.

A.M. Horne amh20 at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 4 10:28:48 GMT 1998

>  it reminds me of my love of e.e.cummings. I have two little books of
> his poems.

in an attempt to improve my popularity after the 'bless' debacle, i'll try
to say something intelligent on this subject... (and make my mail longer
than the extract from the original, honeypaul)...

i think you're right about cummings: some of his poems are just 'too
much', really, but there are others that are truly beautiful: i'm thinking
of the sonnet 'it may not always be so and i say', which i always set my
practical criticism class the first time we meet.

ok, so he has to be held responsible for the fact that everyone and her
cat now uses lower case letters, even tho that wasn't the point: cummings
did use upper-case (as you'll know, having read the stuff: i guess i'm
talking here to people who haven't) but not where you'd expect it: it was
more a case of drawing attention to things and getting away from
unnecessary linguistic conventions....

but that's enough litcrit: and i guess the b&s content is just that i love
them in the same way as cummings.

but if anyone wants to read some of his stuff, go out and get the poems
1923-58. or i migth even post one here next time. in fact, here's all i
can remember of one...

it may not always be so, and i say
that if another's ...

(oh dear: not much. brain's not working)

time to go,

amh