Sinister: Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands...

poetry place2 poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 4 13:09:15 GMT 1998

In the immortal words of Mr Glitter, hello, hello, it's good to be back...

This dream business is getting quite disturbing,,, On Tuesday night I
dreamt that all bands, by law, had to include a B&S song in their sets
every time they played live. Last night I dreamt that I met Richard the
drummer. We shook hands and he told me I had the softest hands he had ever
touched. What does it all mean?

By the by,  I think that Stewpot and co will be hard pushed to come up with
a better title for the next record than "The Song Snake". It certainly has
the right level of double entendre...

Mr Prickman wrote:

> difficulty of successfully realizing "Under Milk Wood" lying in the need
> to create a "web of sound" with the voices, so that the rhythms and tones
> of the speech culminate in an overall effect that envelopes the audience
<snip!>
> Somehow this *does* relate to the starting point of Dylan Thomas, but
> probably in a way that doesn't come across well here...oh well, I tried.

No, don't stop Greg! I was just getting into it! Here's to more practical
criticism on the list! As long as it's not about Murray Lachlan Young. I
don't suppose anybody out there wants to explain the Rabelasian subtexts of
Gravity's Rainbow to me, do they?

Mrs Tag said:

> as the world turns...my poor Gargoyle (kitty) she is going crazy..Sausage
is
> beating her up.....

As Eric Morecambe used to say, there's no answer to that is there?

Megannewculteveryday wrote:

> have you guys seen those beanie babies?  i have a little brown kitty cat
> toy named jane (for the obvious reasons).  now every time i look in shop
> windows, i start picking out more.  i've found judy and jenny so far, and
> both want come home with me.

Genevieve, look what you've started! These kooky kidz are taking over the
list!

David's picnic sounds like a jolly good idea. In the meantime, for those of
you in the London area, a few of us are meeting up at the Poetry Cafe on
Betterton Street  in Covent Garden on Friday after 7pm, if you fancy coming
along. Even you, Northy!

I'll try and get the twister board ready.

Stevie Trousers
xxxxxxxxxxxx