Sinister: Two Sinister Lists

Reid Dossinger itstrue at xxx.net
Wed Feb 4 12:46:37 GMT 1998

> perhaps this problem would be solved if we had two mailing lists.  One
> strictly for any Belle & Sebastian news, reviews, rumours etc and the other
> to be used for the other stuff we seem to chat about here.

Nah.  That sounds like a good idea in theory, but think about it this way: EVERY ONE
of the chats about non-B&S related stuff came (at one point or another) from a very
B&S related conversation.  You might be able to have a list dedicated to just news
for a while, but it'd trail off eventually.  The only good compromise to this I've seen
is the "Radiohead announce" list, which is just a news flash about Radiohead every
so often.  But once you get people with free time and an email address and access
to even the strictest "news" list, there's no taming it.

In other news, I read a good article on B&S this weekend that may have been
mentioned here before.  It was in the magazine Puncture, and was written by
Tsunami frontwoman Jenny Toomey.  It was pretty wordy, but very praising of good
ol' B&S.  It brought up some interesting points about religion in Stuarts lyrics, and
had this horribly written "review" of B&S's NYC show (not written by Jenny Toomey).
Anyway, if anyone gets a chance to read it, do.

BUT, I need an answer to something: at one point in the article, ol' Jenny claimed
that Monica Queen is actually Isobel singing under an assumed name.  But I thought
I had read on this list that Monica Queen is an entirely different person from Isobel
altogether, and that she's in other bands.  So if anyone feels like responding to this
oft-asked question, ooh, that'd be appreciated.

Saw a man being arrested this morning,
     Reid