Sinister: SINISTER: All my fault <fwd>

AD Hillmann, FV37 ah6991 at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 4 14:28:58 GMT 1998

Paul wrote:

 2. Please remember (particularly digesters) that a "reply" in most
 mail programs will come to me and not go to the list - re-address to
 "sinister at majordomo.net".  I don't send them on, not until someone has
 a *nice* dream about me.

Sorry about that Paul, is there any chance of you sending the one I
sent you back to me? A case of post-posting regret I think.

It's funny, but everyone else already said what I wanted to in reply to
Tag on sunday, better than I could have. Anyhow:

The Duke Said:

 yeah David, there's 400 people on this list, but how many do you think
 would share some kind of wish and desire and have the energy to
 actually DO something with the love they profess?  Aside from just
 idly chit chat and look forward to the next release?

Some of us do try to do things but they always turn out crap, so we
get dispirited, and we decide that it's too much like hard work to try
all over again. Then we find something like B&S or even maybe something
like your letter and it gives them that spark to try one last time, or
to keep trying, and even if it does always turn out crap at least it's
better than sitting at home watching telly, believing in all the
sanitised rubbish that we get fed. Never take the easy way out guys!

I'll illustrate my point by saying that I think this letter is pants,
but I only think so because all my others usually are, and I hope that
maybe this time it will all turn out beautiful, and even if it doesn't
I'll keep doing it. Sorry. (It's all Tag's fault though - he started
this.)

(Soap box breaks, standing on floor now...)

BTW Should I get the High Llamas LP or go for the Propellerheads?

Brad - The Smiths is Dead has been around a while and sounds cool. I
reckon that Placebo do teenage angst much better then most bands (and
Nancy Boy by them nearly made me cry - once I had worked out what he
was singing) so I love 'em. But in the same way that you like to have a
good scream every now and then. Anyone else like 'em?

If I was to mention any other band (you asked for it) it would be
Chikinki, 'cos some friends of mine are in them, and the lead singer
dances like I would imagine Stuart, Isobel, Chris et al would at gigs
if they didn't have so many people watching them. They play the
Louisiana and the Brewhouse in Bristol on the 19th & 20th and their
name sounds a bit like Kinky. (They play cool music too, incidentally.)
And I like them. Come along and say hi, I'll be wearing a B&S t-shirt
probably (how cool are the new ones! I thought the old ones were good
but the new ones are great and probably won't fall to bits too.)

Enough =6hite from me then,
~Love Adam