Sinister: Two Sinister Lists

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 4 14:29:13 GMT 1998

>> perhaps this problem would be solved if we had two mailing lists.  One
>> strictly for any Belle & Sebastian news, reviews, rumours etc and the
other
>> to be used for the other stuff we seem to chat about here.

What's wrong with the list anyway, I mean, there are upper of 400 people on
it, it can't be that bloody bad can it. I used to subscribe to the
Manchester music list back in 1991 and it was shite - all you'd get was
lists of DJ promos sent in every day by DJ's and the odd guy going "Have you
heard the new Impossibles single" (ha ha - joke). It was a waste of time,
most of the stuff on this list is worth reading... I certainly enjoy it.
Hands up if you don't.

>BUT, I need an answer to something: at one point in the article, ol' Jenny
claimed
>that Monica Queen is actually Isobel singing under an assumed name.  But I
thought
>I had read on this list that Monica Queen is an entirely different person
from Isobel
>altogether, and that she's in other bands.  So if anyone feels like
responding to this
>oft-asked question, ooh, that'd be appreciated.

Monica Queen is as I remember, a very real person. I've seen her at a B+S
concert, I saw her at a Suede concert in Glasgow in 1992, I saw her when we
put on her not very good band on at the student union a few years ago. She
was in a band called "Thrum" which rhymes with "Bum" and she's currently -
so I believe, in a band called "Monica" who're named after Monica Selez...
or Monica Coughlan or something... perhaps.

Cheers,
    Keith.