Sinister: MTV

Miche�l O'Dwyer qhsmich at xxx.se
Wed Feb 4 15:41:14 GMT 1998

Anna_Chapman at idg.com wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> So nobody has mentioned yet. I'm surprised. Who else watched Dog on
> wheels
> on MTV last night? Any responses?

Was this on Alternative Nation???. I was waiting up for the Scottish
music special, which must have been aired in the last twenty minutes of
the program as I nodded off then. However, earlier on they showed TFC's
The Concept followed by the brilliant Lazy Line Painter Jane video - was
this the same show that had Dog On Wheels on? Or do they show different
episodes across europe?

And while we're on B&S in the media, the swedish magazine 'Pop' has a
huge article on them this month. Now, despite the fact that I've been
living in Sweden for many months, I really don't have any Swedish. I've
been trying to teach myself some using tapes that I got at Christmas,
but can only make silly sentences from the limited vocabulary I have. I
am just thankful that the average swedish person has far better english
than I could ever have swedish.

Anyway, last night, armed with dictionary, I sat down to read said
article. One hour later, I'd translated the opening paragraph, which
gives a very literal insight into what Dog On Wheels is about ("... and
then he lays down on the pavement and the leaves and flowers from the
trees fall on him..."). I felt slightly cheated, but I will persevere.

There's an interview with somebody (most likely Richard as the first
sentence has the journalist sitting in the car belonging to Richard - I
was able to translate that bit without having to resort to the
dictionary!)  in the second half of the article, so I might just cut to
that. There's also a few photo's of places in Glasgow (The back door of
Stuart & Richard's house, Cava studios, etc.).

So, whenever I've translated it all, I may post it. I could do it in
instalments, but then everybody would be able to see how bad I am at
completing projects that I start.

Don't hold your breath though

Hej då,

Mick