Sinister: gingivitis

The loneliness of the middle-distance runner rewb2 at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 4 16:20:43 GMT 1998

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, A.M. Horne wrote:

> > John Johnston CT (uh?) mentioned ee cummings.  Uh oh, that's four of us
> > now on Sinister who love little eec - let's try a few more cultural
> > grenades - Dylan Thomas anyone?  Stanley Spencer?  Jorge Luis Borges?  Oh
> > alright then, Hugh Lloyd (as seen last night on Channels 4s Hancock
> > thingy)?
> >
> ok: tho this migth be dull....
>

> cummings (obviously)

yes yes oh yes - hmmm, spotted the complete ee cummings in waterstones
yesterday... looks lovely but a fair investment at £35 or so... should i
or shouldn't i??... i don't know.

> j.d. salinger

wonderful wonderful books - love them all

> enough for the moment.
>
> read a book.

okay then - haven't posted a message to the list for aeons, so i'll just
give my tuppence worth then fade into obscurity once more

i did a search for 'belle and sebastian' on the internet the other day,
and was bemused to discover which words the computer came up with as
alternatives to make the search more specific...

okay, so 'johann', and 'bach' - fair enough, after all, when searching for
a composer, everyone would choose their middle name to search for. hmm,
not conviced

BUT, why oh why does this bizarre machine come up with 'glade', 'beast',
'saludo', 'epoque', and 'gingivitis'... yes, GINGIVITIS...  since when has
gum disease had anything to do with our favourite band.

sorry, that just amused me

time to grovel:  could some kind generous person please do me a copy of
the Radio Scotland programme that b&s did over christmas, the one with
'loneliness of the middle distance runner' on it and all - now that's a
fantastic book, the loneliness of the long distance runner

and all you people with sky - i'm jealous, very jealous
i've never seen a b&s video... hmph

can i be arsed to come to covent garden??  hmmm, i don't know. maybe

all this talk of picnics and sleeping under the stars wrapped up in
blankets is lovely - roll on summer i say, and days in the park with
nothing to do but sit under trees watching the sky - it's a bit cold
now to do that though...  :(

someone was talking about converting people a while back, can't remember
who...  i'm rather proud of myself, as i've managed to get about, err,
<counts on fingers> 1,2,3,4... oh i don't know, but definitely over 10,
people hooked onto the alluring sound of belle and sebastian.  and that
includes my cat, and pot plants... whoops, given the game away now.

ah well, got to go - this has rambled on far far too long

love and hugs
rob xxx