Sinister: NEW YORK SHOW

Jeepster Recordings Ltd jeepster.uk at xxx.net
Wed Feb 4 14:55:11 GMT 1998

Johnston, John CT wrote:

> Please don't think I'm being sarkie-bloke but I have a hunch that B&S
> aren't playing in New York this month. Coz if they were we'd hear it
> from Katrina and Dave first, right! I honestly believe her when she > > says that; am I too trusting??? But has she ever let us down? She is > > the all
> knowing Trash Heap of B&S date information and I personally will never
> believe any rumours that don't emanate from Jeepster-land.

> And you don't want to believe everything you hear in Night Clubs -
> somebody in a club said I looked like Green from Scritti Politti. That
> fellow was clearly a lying knave! Maybe the music was very loud and > you
> misheard him - he might have been saying "The bells of San Sebastian > are
> playing havoc with my Mexican grandmother's pigs." I believe that kind
> of talk is common among hipsters in the big apple.

Well, thanks for not believing the rumours, as again ... they're not
true!  I think it may have something to do with the South by South West
Festival and something someone at Matador may have said ...

> We'll have 2 nights of live entertainment at SXSW this
> year...Tommy Keene and the Liquor Giants at Liberty Lunch
> (along with the Apples In Stereo and quite possibly an ex-
> Matador band who won't have to travel far). On Friday the
> 20th, Cornelius, Solex, Come and Bardo Pond will be at the
> Electric Lounge, along with an additional new signing we're
> not allowed to talk about yet (it isn't Belle & Sebastian so
> calm down, please).

However, I can report that Stevie is travelling to the States tomorrow
to play live with the BMX Bandits.  I don't know what the dates are
though, so check your local press.

That's all for now ...

Cheers,
Katrina.