Sinister: MTV

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Wed Feb 4 22:50:59 GMT 1998

Micheál wrote ...

>Anna_Chapman at idg.com wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> So nobody has mentioned yet. I'm surprised. Who else watched Dog on
>> wheels on MTV last night? Any responses?
>>

>Was this on Alternative Nation???. I was waiting up for the Scottish
>music special, which must have been aired in the last twenty minutes of
>the program as I nodded off then. However, earlier on they showed TFC's
>The Concept followed by the brilliant Lazy Line Painter Jane video - was
>this the same show that had Dog On Wheels on? Or do they show different
>episodes across europe?

I'm afraid they show different episodes in each and every larger country in
Europe ... the German version did *not* include any B&S video ... what is
more, the Scottish Special *announced* as such on MTV Europe / Germany
featured primarily crappy English bands as well as a considerable number of
American bands ... trained geography teachers should take note and file an
application.

Sorry for my ramblings given that I might be the only German listee anyway
... the strictly limited number of highlights included Mercury Rev, Snow
Patrol, Teenage Fanclub and Orange Juice ... thankfully, "Blue boy" had been
shot before a familiar building in West Princes Street, which made the event
pretty special and relevant, but I won't bother you with details. §;^D

"I'll keep it with mine"

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella